What is Pilates?
Pilates is a full body conditioning programme that helps to retrain the body’s normal movement patterns. At Aquasports Physiotherapy we use DMA Pilates equipment which enables our clients to increase muscle strength, core stability and flexibility in a controlled pain free way. Our specialist physiotherapy Pilates instructors ensure your personalised programme will meet your goals as quickly as possible. Pilates is very useful at bridging the gap between chronic pain and returning to normal pain free activities, gym workouts and specific sports.
What is Clinical Pilates?
Clinical Pilates has been adapted by physiotherapists and is more suitable for those recovering from injury. It is perfect for strengthening and providing endurance to the lower back area and core stabilisers.
How can Pilates benefit you?
- Better postural stability and movement control
- Improved activation of core stability muscles
- Improved co-ordination and normalised movement patterns
- Improvement in your own body mechanics and understanding bad movement patterns
- Enhances sports performance
- Flattens the tummy and tones buttocks and thighs
- Allows you to progress to the gym and sporting activities
- Gaining tone and fitness after childbirth
Call Aquasports Physiotherapy to discuss your Pilates programme on 09 625 5744